Friday, March 18, 2011

Happenings

Lots going on. The peach tree blooms are starting to open. One plum tree is in full bloom. Grapes are pruned. The ground is about dry enough to plow. Locust posts to finish the chicken yard have been located; just need to harvest them. Found a replacement pump for the sprayer so I can finish with the dormant oil spray.  Just got to go pick it up.

There are chickens in the near future. I keep just missing opportunities. But since the lot is not quite finished that might be a good thing. I'm expecting chickens to appear by the end of next week. Not sure where they're coming from but they're coming.

I met with a group at Spencer Penn Center working with bringing local food to the forefront in the area. They've already done a lot of work studying demographics and such. I think that there will start to be some tangible results soon.

I'll end this post by saying that the first Tuggle Farms Catering job has been scheduled.  Whoo Hoo!!