Thursday, April 28, 2011

Around the Farm

Thad and I spent the day in the kitchen yesterday making batches of jam. The peach blueberry jam looked particularly tasty. The blackberry is pretty special too. We plan to be out at the Farmer's Markets soon. The next batches will be garden salsas. All flavors: hot, medium and mild.

Potatoes are in the ground, along with some beets, tomatoes and peppers. I'm shooting for bushels of beets this time. We're going to try our hand at sweet potatoes too. I may have to break some more ground.

The chickens have been pretty consistent layers until the rain set in. I'm not sure whether it's the weather or if it's coincidence. They seems to be happy birds. I've still got my sites on a few more when the right birds shows up. Just looking for a few good hens!